· Ecclesiastes 3:11b -He has also set eternity in the human heart; yet no one can fathom what God has done from beginning to end.
· What is beyond death?
· John 14:1 -“Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in me.
· Don’t be agitated. Trust God and trust me – how we tell you to live and what we tell you that lies beyond.
· 2 My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you?
· Jesus is telling us heaven is about being with God.
· Heaven is not about you; it is being with your Heavenly Father.
· 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am.
· People go to heaven because Jesus takes them there.
· …that you also may be where I am.
· Dallas Willard – If I walk with Jesus, I think when I die, it might take me some time to realize I’m dead.
· Matthew 25:41 - Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.
· Dallas Willard – “The only reason there is a hell is because God makes provision for what people want and hell is simply the best God can do for some people.”
· C.S. Lewis – “There are only two kinds of people – those who say, “Thy will be done” to God; or those to whom God says, “Thy will be done.”
· Galatians 6 - 7 Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. 8 Whoever sows to please their flesh, from the flesh will reap destruction; whoever sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life.
· Heavenly Father, what am I sowing? What will I reap?