Karl Marx was right: “Religion is the opium of the masses.”
The leading cause of people being condemned to hell.
God is absolutely opposed to religion, because it becomes a substitute for the Gospel.
1. Religion is man-made; the Gospel is God-given.
Salvation is not a goal to be achieved; it is a gift to be received.
- John 1:12
- Ephesians 2:8,9
- Titus 3:5
2. Religion means doing; the Gospel means being.
- Religion says, “Do this, do good, in order to be
- The Gospel says, “Do this
3. Religion is primarily external; the Gospel is internal.
- “Can’t you just
- Religion will make you look good; only the Gospel changes you deep down!
4. Religion offers principles; the Gospel offers a person.
- Religion says, “Here is a set of
- The Gospel says, “Here is Jesus Christ – follow
- Galatians 2:20 – The power of an exchanged life – the ultimate good deal!!
If you have never surrendered your life to Christ…..
If you are a believer, but your Christian life has become drudgery, boring obligations….
If you are witnessing….