Home Group/Study Questions
These questions are provided for your further study and application of today’s sermon. Thoughtfully writing out the answers to these questions will help to drive home the truths we are learning.
1. Was there any passage of scripture or statement in the message today that was particularly meaningful or applicable to you?
2. Herb Hodges writes, “As he [the believer] studies truth, he should long for its incarnation in his own life, but he should long at least as deeply that the truth that has changed him may be expressed so clearly and captivatingly in his relationships with others that they, too, can be changed into faithful disciples and fruitful disciple–makers by the truth that “sets men free.” Can you identify 3-4 people that you long to see grow in Christ? How can you begin to invest in them?
3. Read 1 Thessalonians 1:5-7. What are some specific ways that you are being (or can be) an example to another person that you mentioned above?
4. Read Galatians 5:13-14; 6:10. What role does “service” (ministry) play in both being a disciple and making disciples of other people.
5. Read Prov. 27:17. How have you benefitted from your investment in someone else’s life?