Home Group/Study Questions
These questions are provided for your further study and application of today’s sermon. Thoughtfully writing out the answers to these questions will help to drive home the truths we are learning.
1. Was there any passage of scripture or statement in the message today that was particularly meaningful or applicable to you?
2. Read Psalm 127:3. How does this simple truth starkly contrast to those in our world that think of children as “disposable” or an affliction?
3. Why do you think Paul the Apostle made such clear points about obedience and honor in the Christian household? How does this reflect the glory of God?
4. Read Proverbs 19:18 and 29:17. How important is it for parents to teach, correct, guide, and discipline their children in the early years while they’re moldable? What danger is there in letting a child continue in disobedience without correction, proper teaching, and loving guidance?
5. Honor for parents, the elderly, and authority figures is quite foreign today. What are some ways that Christian parents should be teaching their children to honor?
6. Why can parents be thankful for the grace and power of God despite their shortcomings in training their children to obey and honor?