1.What is your preferred means of taking in the Word of
God? Digital, paper, or audio?
2. Do you have a set time and place for Bible reading and/or
study? How challenging is it to protect that time?
3. What are some challenges to having more meaningful
time(s) in the Scriptures?
4. What are some additional tools you find helpful in
understanding a particular passage?
5. When did you last hear His voice speak directly to you
through His Word?
The Prayer of Preparation To Open The Word
Your word is a lamp to our feet and a light to our path.
Your word is sweeter than honey and more precious than gold.
Your word goes out from your mouth and does not return to you
empty but accomplishes all the purposes for which you send it.
Your word is the sword of the Spirit, sharper than a double edged
sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and
marrow; it judges the thoughts and intents of the heart.
(Ephesians 6:17; Hebrews 4:12)
For we do not live by bread alone but by every word that comes
from the mouth of God.
Thank you for sending us the Holy Spirit, who inspired the
Scriptures, who inspires us in their hearing and who indwells us
with power to obey them.
(2Peter 1:21; 1Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16)
Speak now Lord, for your servants, who are your sons and
daughters, are listening.
Praying in the name of the Father and the Son and
the Holy Spirit.
* This prayer comes from the “Romans” devotional produced by Seedbed Ministry.