Home Group/Study Questions
These questions are provided for your further study and application of today’s sermon. Thoughtfully writing out the answers to these questions will help to drive home the truths we are learning.
1. Was there any passage of scripture or statement in the message today that was particularly meaningful or applicable to you?
2. Describe some of the subtle differences between selfless love and selfish love.
3. The greatest challenges we face in ministry is often the tension we have with fellow servants. Read Paul's intercessory prayer in Ephesians 1:15-23. How can you pray for fellow steadfast servants (believers) in our congregation, particularly those you serve and worship with?
5. Read 1 Corinthians 4:4-5. What are some situations in which God has made clear to you that your motives were not what they should have been, even though your actions may have been interpreted by others as loving?
6. Read 1 John 3:16-18. What are some of the practical ways you can reflect a more sacrificial, Christlike love in your weekly interaction with your brothers and sisters in Christ?
7. Read 1 Corinthians 13:4-7. What specifically can you do to express a more accepting, familial kind of love to those in your church?