Stop being consumed by the pain of your past, and start being consumed by hope for your future.
Being consumed by creation blinds you to the Creator.
Too often we’re consumed by fear when we should be consumed by faith.
1. Why is it important to recognize that people in the Bible were not perfect and many of them made huge mistakes? How does this impact the way you think about your past?
2. Have you ever found yourself in a season of preparation where God was doing more in you than through you? What did it feel like? What was the long-term impact?
3. Do you believe that God still has good plans for you? Why or why not? How does this affect your prayer life?
4. What are some practical things you can do to stay focused on your Creator instead of His creation? What impact will this have?
5. What can you do when you sense that fear is taking hold of you to turn towards your faith? Why is this so important? How does it change the way you face scary seasons and situations?