Further study: Read Genesis 6, 7, 8, & 9
Hebrews 11:7 (NKJV) 7 By faith Noah, being divinely warned of things not yet seen, moved with godly fear, prepared an ark for the saving of his household, by which he condemned the world and became heir of the righteousness which is according to faith.
Genesis 6:9-14 (NKJV) 9 This is the genealogy of Noah. Noah was a just man, perfect in his generations. Noah walked with God. 10 And Noah begot three sons: Shem, Ham, and Japheth.11 The earth also was corrupt before God, and the earth was filled with violence. 12 So God looked upon the earth, and indeed it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted their way on the earth. 13 And God said to Noah, “The end of all flesh has come before Me, for the earth is filled with violence through them; and behold, I will destroy them with the earth. 14 Make yourself an ark of gopherwood; make rooms in the ark, and cover it inside and outside with pitch.
1. There are over 200 world flood stories in the various civilizations of history. Almost every culture has one.
2. Noah’s name means “Rest”.
3. God is holy, therefore, He is righteous and just.
4. Sin created a debt to holiness that only justice could pay.
5. Through Christ’s works of righteous he would become the perfect sacrifice and through His sacrifice, he would pay the debts to holiness that the cumulative sins of all mankind would create.
6. Salvation is by works, just not yours.
7. The story of redemption is the story of Jesus. And this is the story of Noah!
8. Noah walked with God.
9. Noah Obeyed God’s commands.
10. Wickedness / Grieved / Judgement / Grace / Covenant / Obedience / Worship / Blessed / Fruitfulness / Multiplication