This courage is something that saved people are given as a gift as a result of…
1) Being forgiven and made righteous before God.
"The wicked flee when no one pursues, but the righteous are bold as a lion" (Proverbs 28:1).
2) The Indwelling of the Holy Spirit.
“Little children, you are from God and have overcome them, for he who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.” (1 John 4:4)
3) God's promises to trust and hope in.
“Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous! Do not tremble or be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go.”
4) The assurance of God's sovereignty in our lives.
“Be of good courage, and let us be courageous for our people, and for the cities of our God, and may the Lord do what seems good to him.”
5) The 24/7 access we have to God, through prayer.
“On the day I called, you answered me; my strength of soul you increased.” (Psalm 138:3)