Worship Gathering - Keeping Score #4
Focus this Sunday:
This Sunday, we continue our sermon series called Keeping Score: What We Lose When We Keep Count. This series challenges us to stop keeping a tally of who owes us, what we think God owes us, and what we deserve. Instead, it invites us to choose to lose count... in several areas of our lives. This week, we will focus on Jesus' invitation to lose count of our righteous acts and instead focus on the grace given to us by God... and in Thanksgiving, this affects the way we treat others. What does God have to say to you in this?
This is also Thanksgiving Offering Sunday. This offering allows us to be generous in Thanksgiving to God. All donations to this offering will be given to the World Evangelism Fund. If you would like to participate, make sure your giving is clearly marked.
Join us Sunday at 10:30am either onsite or online! The link to the online service is on our website at (www.emmettnaz.org) and click on the Link to the Service.
Reflection Questions: (Privately or invite a few friends to discuss!)
1. What is one thing that stood out to you from this week’s message?
2. Discuss “influencer” culture—how does our culture (and the church) desire and use attention?
3. How are we similar to the Pharisees?
4. Christ commands his followers to abstain from honorific titles (Matt 23:8–10). Why do you think that is?
5. In what practical ways can we seek to “lose count” of our righteousness this week? How can we be a servant in Thanksgiving to God?
6. How can we encourage and pray for each other in this?