1. We give thanks for the Lord's steadfast love and faithfulness (v. 2).
2. We give thanks for in the Lord we find what we desperately need (salvation; v. 3).
3. We give thanks to the Lord for his world-wide salvation - his words, ways, his great glory, his exalted position, his wonder in reaching down and helping the lowly.
4. We give thanks to the Lord for his deliverance at an individual level, including his providential guidance and fulfillment of God's plans.
1. Acknowledge our need for Christ.
2. Remember whom we come before: The Holy Lord.
3. We give thanks for who God is and for his deliverance.
4. Fourth, we give thanks with our whole heart when we have settled dispositions and choices to give thanks with our whole lives. We give thanks by obeying his word; we give thanks as we rejoice in him in our thoughts; we give thanks as we choose to rejoice despite our circumstances; we give thanks in the valleys and the mountain tops.