Discussion Questions - Re-read our passage from this week (Ephesians 1:3-14) and then with your Growth Group, family, friends, etc. thoughtfully answer the following:
1. If you were to explain predestination to someone who had never heard of it, what would you say?
2. Does the mystery of God’s nature (especially with predestination) cause you to struggle intellectually, or do you accept this easily?
3. Like most complex issues, the extreme views can be dangerous. What is the danger of putting too much focus on God’s predetermined will? What are the dangers of putting too much focus on our “free will?”
4. How does understanding predestination make you more grateful?“
5. God’s plan of salvation is more about God than us. How does this challenge our normal way of thinking?
6. How does understanding Predestination motivate us to be more evangelistic, or does it?
7. What is your next step in following Jesus after this study?