Message Series: Teach Us To Pray
Today's Message: The Prayer of Dependence
1. Represents the necessities of life
2. Represents God's Word
3. Represents Family & Fellowship
4. Represents Salvation
"Give us this day our daily bread."
I DEPEND ON GOD FOR EVERYTHING!
Depending on God Means...
1. God Is My Source
a. God Gives (James 1:17)
b. God Supplies (Philippians 4:19)
c. God Wants To Give It (Matt 7:11)
2. I Trust God For Today
How? (Philippians 4:6-8)
a. Worry About Nothing
b. Pray About Everything
c. Thank God In All Things
e. Think About The Right Things
3. Share What He Supplies
Growth Guide Questions
1. How did God speak to you through the message on Sunday? What thought or concept captured your attention?
2. How's your spiritual nourishment? Starving? Hungry? Filled? Stuffed?
3. How are you doing at depending on God for everything? Is God your source for everything? Are you trusting God one day at a time?
4. Read Philippians 4:6-8
a. What's Worrying you?
b. Make a list of everything you are concerned or worried about. Give these items over to God in prayer.
c. What are you thankful for? Make a list. Express your thankfulness to God.
e. What are the "right things" to think about? Do you think about them?
5. Who can you share with what God has supplied you? How can you meet a need or share to help someone this week?