III. Taking an EKG of the Heart
This involves 2 key components:
A. Reviewing your accomplishments
• What have you enjoyed doing in the past?
• What kinds of activities leave you feeling fulfilled now?
B. Assigning your results to specific categories
People prefer to work with one of 3 things (people, things, information)
Which of the following categories do you feel reflects your heart?
• Designing and developing (I love to make something from nothing.)
• Pioneering (I love to test out new concepts.)
• Organizing (I love to bring order out of chaos.)
• Operating and maintaining (I love to keep things going.)
• Serving and Helping (I love to assist those in charge.)
• Acquiring and Possessing (I love to secure and gather.)
• Excelling (I love to reach new heights.)
• Influencing (I love to help shape the way others think.)
• Improving (I love to make things better.)
• Repairing (I love to fix what is broken.)
• Leading (I love to lead, oversee and supervise.)
• Persevering (I love to see things to completion.)
• Operating (I love to operate by policies/procedures.)
• Prevailing (I love overcoming injustice.)
A is for Abilities