Worship Gathering - Criticizing Jesus #1
Focus this Sunday:
This Sunday, we start a new sermon series called Criticizing Jesus. Have you ever been unfairly criticized? Sometimes criticism tells us more about those who are doing the criticizing than the one being criticized. Something is rubbing them the wrong way... or at least in a way that is getting their attention. And you can bet that in the case of Jesus, He was doing it on purpose!
This series will look a little deeper at the criticisms Jesus faced during his ministry. What does each criticism reveal about Jesus’s character, priorities, authority, and mission? What was He trying to correct? How was He hoping the people, including us, would respond? What might God be saying to you?
Join us Sunday at 10:30am either onsite or online! The link to the online service is on our website at (www.emmettnaz.org) and click on the Link to the Service.
Reflection Questions: (Privately or invite a few friends to discuss!)
1. What is one thing that stood out to you from this week’s message?
2. How do you respond to criticism? What do you think your response to criticism teaches others about your core values and who you are?
3. What role does joy play in your walk with Christ?
4. How would you define joy?
5. What do you think Jesus meant when he appealed for flexibility in people’s approach to him? How flexible are you when it comes to seeing Jesus?
6. How can we encourage and pray for each other in this?