Worship Gathering - Retold #2
Focus this Sunday:
This Sunday, we will continue sermon series called Retold: Sunday School Stories You Thought You Knew. In this we are taking a closer look at the Sunday school stories we are most familiar with, either from teaching them or being taught them when we were little. As we move in for a closer examination of these stories, we will see how they fit into God’s overall story in the Bible and how they inform our understanding of the gospel. This week we will focus on the story of David and Goliath. What might God be saying to you?
Join us Sunday at 10:30am either onsite or online! The link to the online service is on our website at (www.emmettnaz.org) and click on the Link to the Service.
Reflection Questions: (Privately or invite a few friends to discuss!)
1. What is one thing that stood out to you from this week’s message?
2. What is the most distressing Sunday school story, in your opinion? Why?
3. Is there any part of David vs. Goliath that you think is appropriate for children? Which part, and why?
4. How is the story of David vs. Goliath actually a story of God vs. Goliath?
5. Is there anything that you feel like you’re facing alone? How can we help you? Where is God in all of it?
6. How can we encourage and pray for each other in this?