5 Facts About a Father’s Engagement
1. Father involvement is related to positive child health outcomes in infants, such as improved weight gain in preterm infants and improved breastfeeding rates.
2. Authoritative Fathering leads to better emotional, academic, social, and behavior outcomes for children.
3. Children who feel a closeness to their father are 2x more likely to find stable employment after high school; 75% less likely to a teen birth; 80% less likely to spend time in jail; and half as like to experience multiple depression symptoms.
4. Higher levels of father involvement are correlated with higher levels of sociability, confidence, and self-control in children.
5. Children with actively involved fathers are 43% more likely to earn A’s in school and 33% less likely to repeat a grade than those with disengaged dads.
-- The Fatherhood Project