Today's Message: Don't Ignore The Warning Label
Scripture: Romans 11:1-24
Personal Reflection & Growth Group Questions
1. What spoke to you from Sunday’s message? What idea or concept caught your attention?
Read Romans 11:1-6
2. What did Paul conclude about whether God had rejected His people, Israel?
3. Paul references 1 Kings when the Old Testament prophet, Elijah, appealed to God against Israel. How did God respond to Elijah (verse 4)?
4. What was given Israel, by God's grace (verse 5)? What do you learn about God's grace (verse 6)?
Read Romans 11:7-10
5. From the two Old Testament references in our study today, what do you learn about Israel's “hardening?”
6. Have you ever "hardened" yourself against God and His Word? Describe the circumstances that contributed to that “hardening.”
7. What is the danger in repeatedly refusing to listen to God?
Read Romans 11:11-15
8. What good did God bring from Israel's “stumble?”
9. Why did Paul say in verse 13 that he “made much of his ministry” to the Gentiles? What was Paul's motive for doing this?
10. Has God ever used something that seemed bad in your life to achieve ultimate good? Explain your answer and refer to Romans 8:28 for help.
Read Romans 11:16-24
11. In your own words, summarize the root/branch analogy being used in verses 16-21.
12. What is Paul's main admonition to the Gentiles in verses 16-21?
13. After reading these verses, do you have any reason to be arrogant in your standing before God? What arrogance do you need to confess to God now?