Grace Group QuestionsExpand
Daniel Week 6: The struggle within
1. Punxsutawney Phil saw his shadow - yet the weather indicates he may be wrong. Are you ready for spring or ready for more snow?
2. Think about Nebuchadnezzar’s story (Chp. 1-4) What stands out to you most in his story? Leaving “Disney Princess Theology” behind, how do you see yourself in his story?
3. If your group needs a refresher on this week's passage, read Daniel 4 together. Why do you think God gave a dream to Nebuchadnezzar telling him what he was going to do, giving him 12 months to GET LOW. What does this tell you about God? What does it tell you about God in your life?
4. Read 1 Jn. 2:15-17. In exile the gravitational pull is toward love of the world…and things passing away. (Loving the world = The desire to build our Kingdom without the King). How does a love of the world also lead to pride in our hearts? Where do you struggle to “Get Low”?
Dan said that Dan. 4 reminded him of the story of the Prodigal Son in Luke 15. Revisit each story and name the similarities. What do they tell you about God, what do they tell you about humans? How do these stories encourage you to Look Up?
5. Get Low. Look Up. Which of these is God asking you to take a step of faith this week? Put your step in an “I will…(your step)” statement and share with one another.
Get low. Look up.