GROWTH GROUP / PERSONAL REFLECTION QUESTIONS
1. What do you think of when you hear the phrase "Turn the other cheek?" What images, stories or ideas come to mind?
2. How do you interpret Jesus' command to "Do not resist an evil-doer?"
3. Do you find it easy or difficult to respond without retaliating when someone lashes out at you? What makes it easier? What makes it more difficult?
4. How practical do you think Jesus' command is? What practical challenges get in the way of us following his command?
5. What boundaries do you think are appropriate to have in place regarding "turning the other cheek?" When can "turning the other cheek" become unhealthy?