2 Peter 1:1-4: More Grace and Peace
I) The Letter
A) The ________________: Peter
1) ____________: Peter is on a mission for Christ.
2) _____________: He writes with the authority and true knowledge of Christ.
B) Recipients: _______________ believers
1) All believers have ___________ standing before God.
2) Their faith is a ___________ they received from Christ.
3) Their faith is based on Christ’s ________________ work not theirs.
C) The Letter’s Goal: Help believers ___________ in grace and peace that come from Christ.
II) The method of growth Peter outlines.
A) We have _________________ we need for spiritual growth.
B) God’s divine ___________ (his Holy Spirit) is the catalyst of growth.
1) The Spirit transforms our ___________.
2) The Spirit transforms our desires (nature).
C) Trusting in God’s ______________ protect us from sinful corruption.