1. If you could ask God one question about the birth of His Son on earth, what would it be?
2. How would you explain the disconnect between Jesus’s earthly image and his kingly and majestic image?
a. Where does it show up in the Christmas narrative?
b. What surprises you about His humble and common life?
3. God sees within the mud, the material needed to make something magnificent. And if God can see something magnificent in the mud, if He Himself can see past the manger into the majesty within, what does He see in your life?
a. If you answered with your gut, which word would be closer to your own description of your life? Mud? Or majesty?
b. What do you think God might want you to see and know about yourself, from his perspective?
4. How does the fact that the Invisible became an Image affect your belief and your faith? Would you still believe, and would you still choose to follow God if God remained a distant spirit? Why or why not?
5. God sees beyond the surface. And he reveals and calls out the value in people, value that is deeper than our “surface”. As followers of God, we are called to be like the one we follow -- to see beyond the surface. What would that look like in your daily life?
Thank you for your generosity. Because you give, lives are changed through LifePoint.