Discussion and Application Questions for Group Life Communities and Personal Study-
Read Philippians 1:1-11
- Who was the letter written to?
- What words did Paul use to describe his relationship with the people in Philippi?
- What is one key idea you observe from Paul’s prayer in verses 9-11?
- Who are saints or god’s holy people? Why do you think Paul uses those terms to address the church?
- Why is partnership in the gospel important to Paul? How do you think his current circumstances influence his fond remembrances of their working together (see verses 13-14)? How does sharing a cause or ministry draw you closer to others?
- Why is it important to Paul that believers could discern what is best for their lives? Why does Paul pray for believers to 'go deep?'
What is one thing that God has begun in you that you look forward to God bringing to completion? What is the next step you need to take to see this happen? Where is God urging you to 'go deep?'
Where do you see the fruit of righteousness showing through your life? What fruit would you like to display?
Does this scripture bring you hope or despair? Why?
Our groups are becoming great healing places for people. Take time to pray for each other and encourage one another as we walk with Jesus.
Four Principles for Living the Missio Dei:
*Share in life with people who do not yet know Jesus.
*Inspire others to know and follow Jesus by living your faith attractively.
*Grow with others in your faith and obedience.
*Serve others with sacrificial love.