Psalm 18: Praise for God’s Deliverance
I) David’s Song / Prayer of Praise
A) David declares his ___________ for God and the attributes of God that bring him peace!
How do you start your prayers? What attributes of God do you to remember?
B) David recalls the _______________ state in which he cried out to God for help!
When have you felt helpless?
C) David remembers God’s mighty work!
1) God ________________ David from this helpless state.
How has God delivered you?
2) God ________________ David to overcome his enemies.
How has God empowered you to overcome your helpless situation?
E) David ends praising and ________________ God.
What do you have to be thankful for?
II) Jesus Christ has fulfilled this song!
A) Jesus Christ is David’s __________ descendant. (Rom 15:9)
B) David’s declarations of his covenant faithfulness point to Christ’s __________________.
C) David’s _________________ reminds us that Christ will come again to eradicate evil for good.
A theophany is an appearance of God, an intense manifestation of the presence of God that is accompanied by an extraordinary visual display.
1) Psalm 18 echoes language of Ezekiel 1 and the __________ of God coming to earth.
2) Psalm 18 mirrors the language of God’s _____________ in Exodus.
3) Jesus is coming back again to bring final ____________!
D) God gives this salvation to the ____________.