Growth Guide Discussion Questions
1. What was one big idea from the message which spoke to you?
Read Romans 7:7-12
2. According to verse 7, of what benefit is the law?
3. What do you learn about the law (commandments) from verse 10?
4. What does Paul conclude about the law (commandments) in verse 12?
5. How does the law (commandments) benefit your life as a New Testament believer?
Read Romans 7:13-20
6. In verse 14, Paul contrasts God's law to himself. What is the difference he describes between the law and himself?
7. Summarize verses 15-20 in your own words.
8. In what way do you relate to what Paul states in verses 15-20? In other words, how is your experience similar to Paul's?
9. Why are we unable to do what God expects from us?
Read Romans 7:21-25
10. Describe the “war” Paul mentions in verses 21-23?
11. According to verses 24 & 25, what does Paul conclude is the answer to his dilemma?
12. How should you respond when you experience the internal “war” between your good intentions and the reality of your sinful actions?
Re-read Romans Chapter 7
13. What did you learn about the law (commandments)?
14. What did you learn about sin?
15. What did you learn about humanity?
16. What is being taught about Jesus Christ?
17. What is your main “takeaway” from Romans 7?