Growth Guide Discussion Questions
1. What was one big idea from the message which spoke to you?
2. Read Romans 6:15-23
3. According to our text, to what does being a slave to sin lead? To what does being a slave to obedience lead?
4. For what was Paul thankful to God in verses 17 & 18?
5. Have you ever experienced what verse 18 calls “having been set free from sin?” Describe that experience/feeling.
6. Today's text speaks of two types of fruit (or benefits). Verse 21 references the “fruit from things you are now ashamed of” and verse 22 the “fruit that leads to sanctification (or holiness).” From where does each fruit (or benefit) come and to where does each lead?
7. Look at verse 23 and explain what the following phrases mean:
“Wages of sin is death”
“Free gift of God is eternal life”
8. How have you or will you personally apply verse 23 to your life?
9. How would you summarize the entire chapter 6 in one short sentence?