1. The title of Pastor Dave’s message is week is “Prized Possession.” We are God’s prized possession. Have you ever thought deeply about this before?
2. Because of Jesus, we are living stones. Pastor Dave talked about how living stones come together in unity to form a house. Why do you think our unity is so important to God?
3. Peter quotes Isaiah and refers to Jesus as the cornerstone of our foundation. What does this mean?
4. Jesus ensures the stability of the whole system of our salvation. Peter says, “whoever believes in him will not be put to shame.” Did belief in Jesus come easy to you, or is it something you had to wrestle with?
5. Peter refers to Jesus as a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offense. And in John, Jesus says, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.” He is the way to God, but for some he can be the obstacle that prevents someone from reaching God. Why do you think even the name of Jesus can cause offense in people?
6. Were there any parts of the sermon that you had questions about or would like to unpack more during group? Take some time to discuss.
7. Read something to think about. When you close in prayer, pray that God would bring people to your hearts this week that need to hear about the life they can have in Jesus.