Titus 3:3-8: One Gospel
I) Our natural state
A) Many in our world think humanity’s natural disposition is __________ or moral.
B) Christians believe that all are created in the ___________ of God.
C) Depravity: This image has been _________ by the fall. All have a propensity to sin.
1) Sin: We all do foolish or _______________ things.
2) We are ________________ by desires.
II) God's heart (character), action and gift.
A) Character: Jesus reveals the ________________ of God.
1) God doesn’t save believers because they were __________ people.
2) He saved believers because of ________ undeserved loving kindness.
B) Action: God saves believers through . . .
1) ____________: The Holy Spirit transforms our hearts, and enables us to put our faith in Christ.
Regeneration is the work of God by which a person is supernaturally and inwardly changed and renewed. - Kevin De Young.
Regeneration: The concept is of God renovating the heart, the core of a person’s being, by implanting a new principle of desire, purpose, and action, a dispositional dynamic that finds expression in positive response to the gospel and its Christ. - JI Packer
2) _______________: Jesus Christ declares us righteous (not guilty) because he paid the punishment for our sin.
Christ is our attorney and his portfolio is his propitiation. He stands before his Father in heaven, and every time we sin, he doesn't make a new propitiation. He doesn't die again and again. Instead he opens his portfolio and lays the exhibits of Good Friday on the bench before the Judge. Photographs of the crown of thorns, the lashing, the mocking soldiers, the agonies of the cross, and the final cry of victory: It is finished. - John Piper
C) God’s Gift: What does faith in Christ give believers?
1) _________________ into the family of God.
2) _______________ life with God.
III) Believer's hearts and actions.
A) Believers’ hearts are transformed by the ____________ of the Holy Spirit.
B) This gives us a grace saturated love for others that compels us to do __________ to others.