· What makes or breaks a relationship?
· Three elements of communication: Speaking, Trusting, and Understanding.
· Do you speak directly
· Matthew 7:7-8 - 7 “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 8 For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.
· It takes communication for something to happen.
· Be direct with God.
· Is there an “ask” you need to make?
· Do you need to seek something with God?
· Will you admit you need God?
· Speak directly – to God and others.
· Who and how much do you trust?
· The four horsemen – criticism, contempt, defensiveness, stonewalling
· Matthew 7:9-11 - 9 “Which of you, if your son asks for bread, will give him a stone? 10 Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? 11 If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!
· How much do you trust your heavenly Father?
· “Heavenly Father, this is one thing I need to trust you with. I put it in your hands and I will not take it back.”
· Do I understand – really?
· To really communicate, I need to understand your soul, not just your problem.
· Matthew 7:12 - 12 So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.
· What would happen if you applied “Do to others what you would have them do to you” to your Heavenly Father?
· Let’s take eternity to get to know each other.
· Let’s know community as a place of grace.
· Let’s grow your character so it is like mine
· Let’s go share so as many as possible as take next steps toward me