Throughout the month of September we will be gathering to pray for Woodland Park Academy.
Ways to Pray for Public Schools
Adapted from material available at Navigators.org.
1. Love - “Father, may the students and staff of this school experience Your love through the Christians they know in profound and authentic ways” (John 13:35).
2. Truth - “Lord, release truth in this school. Help students to rightly discern truth and not believe false teachings” (Proverbs 23:23).
3. School Board and Administration - “I pray blessings on each school board member. Father, may your will be done at board meetings” (Romans 13:1).
4. Principal - “May the principle recognize the God-given responsibility he/she has for the best interests of the children who attend the school. May they walk in wisdom, integrity, grace, and truth” (Proverbs 2:1-11).
5. Failing Students - “Lord, I ask you to encourage those children who are struggling with their studies. Strengthen their minds. Help their teachers and parents know how to help them learn. Protect them from feelings of worthlessness and shame” (1 Thessalonians 5:14).
6. Violence - “Lord, stay the hand of violence against the children and staff of this school. Dismantle any plan to bring harm to them. Expose any weapon brought into the school premises and render it harmless” (Psalm 34:7; 54:1).
7. Christian Programs - “Father, I pray for abundant blessings on programs that bring Christ into this public school. Help the groups who sponsor such programs function according to your Word and in harmony with each other. Bless the leaders and bring forth new and growing believers” (1 Corinthians 12:12,13).
8. Christian Students - “Grant the Christian students who attend this school wisdom and boldness in living out their faith. Help them share effectively the good news of salvation through Jesus Christ with their classmates” (1 Timothy 4:12).
9. A Chosen Generation - “Father, may your kingdom come. From the students at this school, raise up a generation of people who worship you in spirit and in truth” (John 4:23,24; 1 Peter 2:9).
10. An Open Door - “Lord, may there be an open door in this school for the gospel to be shared with students and staff. Allow full advantage to be taken of every opportunity to name the name of Jesus” (Matthew 7:7; 1 Corinthians 16:9).