Parenting in the 21st Century: Gift :: YouVersion Event
Royal Redeemer Lutheran Church
Parenting in the 21st Century: Gift
When has a gift become a burden?
Locations & Times
  • Royal Redeemer Lutheran Church
    7127 Dutchland Pkwy, Liberty Township, OH 45044, USA
    Sunday 9:00 AM, Sunday 11:00 AM

Welcome to Royal Redeemer!

We're glad you made the choice to join in worship today.  We'd love for you to leave this hour knowing God is with you and you are energized to live out your faith through love for family, friends, and all the people God gives you.  We'd like to get to know you better and respond to any needs that you or your family may have, so click the link below to record your presence with us and to share any prayer requests or care needs.
Back to School Event Fri., Aug. 13- Help Wanted
Come serve the families of Woodland Elementary School and raise awareness of our Meet the Need Food Distribution with a Back to School Community Party on Friday, August 13, from 4:30-6:30pm at Woodland Elementary School, 6923 Dutchland Blvd, Liberty Township, OH 45044. Hot dogs, games, face-painting, raffle prizes. Volunteers are needed for this fun event. Contact Pastor Joel if you are able to help:
Student Ministries Registration Open Now
Register now for this upcoming year of Student Ministries. Grades 5-6 register for Ignite56 and Grades 7-8 register for Confirmation. We combine Teaching, Fun Events, and Serve Events to bring the Bible into the hearts of our teens. Orientation will be Sunday, August 15 and the Fall Retreat will be Saturday, August 21. Questions???? Talk to Pastor Ben

2nd Offering for August - Concordia Center for the Family
This month we are supporting Concordia Center for the Family. CCF is a Family Life Education Ministry located at Concordia University in Ann Arbor, Michigan, that exists to promote and encourage healthy Christ – centered family relationships. Right now God has opened a door in the Ethiopian church for training to address many of the issues their families are facing today, to equip them to pass on the faith and strengthen the family unit to be able to face the social struggles within their country, as well as the every-day realities such as a poverty and a lack of clean water. We can support that training by helping to cover the travel and living expenses for workers to go to Ethiopia and do hands-on training with church leaders there. Questions??? Talk with Pastor Ben.
When has a gift become a burden?
“We defy anyone who goes about with his eyes open to deny that there is, as never before, an attitude on the part of young folk which is best described as grossly thoughtless, rude, and utterly selfish.”The Conduct of Young People, Hull Daily Mail, 1925
“A few [35-year-old friends] just now are leaving their parents’ nest. Many friends are getting married or having a baby for the first time. They aren’t switching occupations, because they have finally landed a ‘meaningful’ career – perhaps after a decade of hopscotching jobs in search of an identity. They’re doing the kinds of things our society used to expect from 25-year-olds.”Not Ready for Middle Age at 35, Wall Street Journal, 1984
“Every generation imagines itself to be more intelligent than the one that went before it, and wiser than the one that comes after it.”― George Orwell
A Practice to Help
Pareto Principle - 80%/20%

The Pareto principle states that for many outcomes, roughly 80% of consequences come from 20% of causes. Management consultant Joseph M. Juran developed the concept in the context of quality control, and improvement, naming it after Italian economist Vilfredo Pareto, who noted the 80/20 connection in 1896.

But this is true in other areas. We wait and save for a great vacation, and then it rains for two of the days. We finally get our dream job, but our boss is demanding and there are long hours. Our jobs, homes, churches, and children are often a mixture of good and bad. 80/20. So what happens is that, we can become fixated on the 20% that’s wrong, and allow it to change the way we view the other 80%. If we aren’t careful, we may actually throw away the 80% that’s good to go find the missing 20%.
Focus on the 80%

1. Sit at a window or outside and name all the things you can see, taste, touch, feel that you are grateful for.
2. When the sun goes down...go sit outside and be in the presence of the night and the stars and just feel the bigness of God’s power. He’s got you and he’s got our children, in his hands.

Go Deeper

If you would like to listen to this message or download a study guide to use for a devotion or to go deeper on this topic, please follow this link:


To support the ministries of Royal Redeemer with a donation to our General Fund, please follow this link to our PayPal page.

CGS Communities at Royal Redeemer

Explore the variety of CGS Communities at Royal Redeemer through this link.