Here is What We Know For Sure From Genesis:
(Badger and Tenneson, Christian Perspectives on Origins)
* The universe and everything in it had a beginning;
* Human history had a beginning;
* There is only one God, and He is Yahweh;
* God is personally and intimately involved in His creation;
* God considered the creation good;
* God created everything - including life - in the physical universe;
* God brought everything into existence for His own purposes;
* Humans (and only humans) are created in God's image.
* God created humans to live in loving relationship with Him and with each other;
* The first humans disobeyed God (sin), destroying our relationship with God;
* God punished humans for disbelieving and disobeying Him.
* The rest of Genesis - indeed, the rest of the Bible - reveals God's great desire for fellowship with humans to be restored.