Discussion Questions - Re-read our passage from this week (Mark 3:31-33) and then with your Growth Group, family, friends, etc. thoughtfully answer the following:
1. What type of soil are you?
2. In what way do even “fruitful” Christians struggle with some of these characteristics?
3. Have you ever struggled through rocky or thorny seasons in your faith? (rocky = difficulties that made you question / wander; thorny = seasons where you pursued worldly things instead of Jesus)
4. What is something that threatens to “choke” out the work of God’s Word in your life?
5. There are two main ways of looking at “fruit” – 1. The character produced by Jesus in us, 2. The people around us whose lives are changed by the Gospel. Which of these ways do you think Jesus has in mind in this parable . . . or something else altogether?
6. How can you “sow the seed” with people in your life without being that annoying Christian that no one wants to listen to?
7. What’s your next step in response to this message?