Worship Gathering - Be and Behold #5
Focus this Sunday:
This Sunday, we will finish up our sermon series called Be and Behold: Finding Our Identity in Christ. We have been working to find out who we are by looking at Christ... Beholding Him. This week, we will see how beholding Jesus in our alone times with Him impacts us as we go into the world.
This Sunday is also Memorial Day Sunday. We will spend a few moments remembering those who have fallen on our behalf in their defense of freedom. Let's remember the price that has been paid and continues to be paid.
Join us Sunday at 10:30am either onsite or online! The link to the online service is on our website at (www.emmettnaz.org) and click on the Link to the Service.
1. What is one thing that stood out to you from this week’s message?
2. What has changed between Moses’s experience of wanting to see God and Paul’s instructions for the people of Corinth to look toward God with unveiled faces?
3. What place do you have that is a “thin place,” or a spot where you more easily feel God’s presence?
4. Why is it important to spend time beholding God before we begin each day? What about in the middle of the day or at night?
5. What types of places are “thick places” (spots that are harder for you to connect with God for a variety of reasons) for you? Is avoiding those places healthy for the formation of our identities? Why or why not?
6. How can we encourage and pray for each other as we live into God's ways this week?