Conversation Starters help us dig deeper, connecting Sunday’s sermons with our Monday lives. These prompts have been designed to help Community Groups grow in their relationship with God, with one another, and with their neighbors. Please know that these questions are meant to be a resource to you. You do not have to follow them verbatim or get through them all. We trust you to know your group and to ask the questions based on your group needs.
1. What stood out to you from the sermon?
2. Look at Paul’s list of spiritual “credentials” in verses 4-6. Why are these on his list? Why would they seem impressive to people in his day?
3. If you were building a list of your own spiritual credentials and accomplishments, what would be on it? In what ways are you tempted to put your trust in these things?
4. If you are honest with yourself, do you agree with Paul that knowing Jesus is worth more than all of your credentials? How would your life be different if knowing Jesus was always enough for you?
5. What is one thing you can do this week to trust in Jesus more than in yourself?
Take a few moments to silently confess before the Lord anything in which you have inappropriately put your trust. Praise Him for His righteousness on our behalf, and pray that He would help us to know Him better this week.