What Jesus Said To Thomas
A Picture Of Sincere Doubt.
Genesis 15:8; Judges 6:17; Matthew 11:3; Acts 12:15; John 11:16, 14:5
1. What does sinful doubt look like?
· It can’t afford to admit the truth.
· It’s not interested in honest answers.
· It insists on absolute certainty before I can believe anything.
· The real issue isn’t truth, but pride.
· It can happen to followers of Jesus. Heb. 3:12
2. What does sincere doubt look like?
· It’s temporary because it wants to believe.
· It responds to good answers and thoughtful observations.
· It can stretch and help me to grow spiritually.
· Because it once doubted the truth, it holds on to truth now all the more.
A Picture Of Strong Faith.
1. Thomas is actually an example of faith, not doubt.
2. It’s absolutely necessary if I want to have a relationship with God. Hebrews 11:6
3. It must be deeply personal.
4. It’s based on facts, not fantasies.
5. It makes spiritual blessings available to me.
· By it, I become God’s child. John 1:12
· By it, I receive eternal life. John 6:47
· By it, my spiritual desires are met. John 6:35
· By it, my life becomes effective. John 14:12