Conversation Starters help us dig deeper, connecting Sunday’s sermons with our Monday lives. These prompts have been designed to help Community Groups grow in their relationship with God, with one another, and with their neighbors. Please know that these questions are meant to be a resource to you. You do not have to follow them verbatim or get through them all. We trust you to know your group and to ask the questions based on your group needs.
1. What stood out to you from the sermon?
2. Read Philippians 2:12-13. How did the sermon clarify the way you understand the phrase “work out your own salvation with fear and trembling?”
3. Who or what do you think in your life is forming you the most in who you are becoming right now?
4. In Philippians 2:13, Paul says God is working in us for God’s own pleasure. What’s your response to the thought that God is pleased with how He is working in us?
5. As a community group, what are small ways we can ‘shine as lights in [our] world” (Philippians 2:15) this week?
Pray that we would put ourselves in the path of God, and partner with Him so that we can also take pleasure in the work His doing in our lives. Pray that we would obey with joy, and without grumbling.