III. A SIGNIFICANT SACRIFICE
A. A Sign of Security
Exodus 11:6 - "Moreover, there shall be a great cry in all the land of Egypt, such as there has not been before and such as shall never be again.”
Exodus 11:7 - “But against any of the sons of Israel a dog shall not even bark whether against man or beast that you may understand how the Lord makes a distinction between Egypt and Israel."
Exodus 12:13 - “The blood shall be a sign for you on the houses where you live... And when I see the blood I will pass over you and no plague will befall you to destroy you.”
1. It is a sign for the present
2. It is a sign for the future
The First Bowl: Sores and boils (Exodus 9:8-12)
The Second and Third Bowls: Plagues of the waters (Exodus 8:17-24)
The Fourth and Fifth Bowls: Plagues of the skies (Exodus 10:21-23)
The Sixth Bowl: Frogs performing signs (Ex. 8:1-4)
Mark of the Lamb: Revelation 7
Truth: God doesn't remove His people from tribulation; He secures them through it.
B. A Sign of Judgment
Four Instances of Negotiating
1. Ex. 8:25 - "Go, sacrifice to your God within the land."
2. Ex. 8:28 - "I will let you leave Egypt, just don't go too far."
3. Ex. 10:10 - "Go, but leave your children."
4. Ex. 10:24 - "Go, take your children, but leave your livestock."
C. A Sign of Faith for the People