Do You See?
A First Kind Of Seeing: Glancing
1. It’s the most superficial, obvious kind of sight.
2. Seeing Jesus in this way can mean:
· Acknowledging Jesus’ historical existence
· Recognizing He was a great teacher and prophet.
· Even accepting His death and resurrection.
3. Because you don’t see Jesus’ true significance, He is essentially irrelevant to your life.
A Second Kind Of Seeing: Gazing
1. It means to observe and study what you see to some degree. John 2:23-24
2. I can be intrigued with, interested in, and impressed by Jesus, but it’s still inadequate.
A Third Kind Of Seeing: Grasping
1. It means to understand something fully and have true insight into whatever I’m observing.
2. Grasping is understanding what is revealed by the Holy Spirit to my mind and heart. John 11:40; 14:7,9
3. To see in this way is to know and to believe.
4. Truly believing in Jesus means my active commitment rather than a passive state of mind.
5. Truly believing in Jesus always results in a personal, comprehensive change.
6. Truly believing in Jesus will even change how I face life’s tragedies and disappointments.