The Messiah Will Win For You
The Cross Was An Immediate Triumph.
1. Jesus’ death had an immediate result: I can now have a new and eternal relationship with God.
2. Only a sinless substitute could open the door to reconciliation with the God of the universe.
3. God indeed punished Jesus, but not for His own sins. Instead, it was for my sins.
The Cross Is An Immanent Triumph.
1. The cross has ongoing significance right now in the present because of Jesus’ resurrection.
2. Jesus’ spiritual descendants are all those who have been born again and adopted into God’s family.
3. Jesus continues to intervene and intercede for me before His Father right now today. Romans 8:34; Hebrews 7:25
The Cross Is An Inevitable Triumph.
1. The victory Jesus won at the cross hasn’t been fully realized or accomplished yet.
2. The full and wonderful results of the cross can’t be stopped, stalled, or avoided.
3. The full and final triumph of the cross will be realized in Jesus’ Second Coming. Hebrews 9:28
4. How can I prepare for Jesus’ Second Coming? Be ready all the time! Matthew 24:36, 24:44