Conversation Starters help us dig deeper, connecting Sunday’s sermons with our Monday lives. These prompts have been designed to help Community Groups grow in their relationship with God, with one another, and with their neighbors. Please know that these questions are meant to be a resource to you. You do not have to follow them verbatim or get through them all. We trust you to know your group and to ask the questions based on your group needs.
1. What did you love about your practice of theFormed.life this week?
2. How do you think people tend to view authority figures in our culture? What about you personally?
3. Over what or whom does Luke 20 claim Jesus has power? Why does this make the scribes and Pharisees so angry? Hint: What do verses 41-44 say about Jesus' power and station?
4. Luke 20 is filled with different arguments that the religious establishment of his day tried to use to escape Jesus’ authority. What are some of the ways people seek to escape Jesus’ authority over their lives today?
5. If the Pharisees were here today, what questions would they ask to try to trap Jesus?