The Messiah Will Surprise You
The Surprise Of The Servant
1. I can miss the amazing irony that God has become a servant of human beings.
2. Jesus defined Himself as a servant. Mark 10:45
3. Jesus’ servanthood is primarily demonstrated in what He accomplished in and through the cross.
4. How can I be a servant like Jesus?
· I serve God by serving people in Jesus’ Name.
· I reject the excuse that it’s somebody else’s job to be a servant.
· I realize whatever I do for Jesus is significant.
The Surprise Of The Cross
1. The cross itself is surprisingly controversial:
· It offends people who have no use for Jesus.
· It blesses people who love Jesus.
2. The humiliation of the cross resulted in the supreme exaltation of Jesus. Philippians 2:8-11
3. What does it mean to carry my cross? Mt. 16:24
· Like Jesus, it means self-denial.
· Like Jesus, it’s a lifelong process.
· Like Jesus, it results in exaltation ultimately.
The Surprise Of The Gospel
1. The Messiah’s salvation is offered to everyone.
2. What does this mean for me?
· I’m grateful every day that God’s salvation includes someone like me!
· I’m grateful God entrusts the best news in all the universe to me to share with others.