NOTES FROM TODAY'S MESSAGE.
1. Who is the “thief” Jesus speak of, and what’s one of his chief strategies in our lives? (John 10:10)
2. What was the first recorded lie of the wicked one in the Scriptures, and perhaps his greatest? (Genesis 3:1-5)
3. What has been the fallout of the wicked one’s initial lie, and how does it continue to affect us? (Genesis 3:8)
4. How did Jesus’ ministry address the initial and ongoing lie of the wicked one? (John 14:6)
5. How does the truth about God affect our lives? (John 8:31-32)
6. What does the truth of God teach us about our relationship with God? (John 3:16-18, Joshua 5:13-14)
7. What is the opposite of enemy? (1 John 2:1-2)
• In what ways has the wicked one’s big lie affected your view of God? What has shaped your view of God?
• God is certainly on our side. In what aspects of your life are on God’s side. In what aspects of your life might you be living outside of God’s will?
• Let’s begin believing truth. It’s the Scriptures that correct the wicked one’s lies about God. What will be your Daily Bible Reading Plan for 2021? We invite you to join NH in Reading the Gospel in 90 Days.
• Let’s walk with Jesus. If you’ve not trusted Christ, we encourage you to do so today. A great way to sustain our walk with God is a consistent, personal prayer life. We invite you to use the “prayer prompts” from NH’s 90 Days of Prayer & Fasting as a starting point.