1. Can you think of a time when something happened to you and your first reaction was to seek revenge instead of reconciliation? Did seeking revenge make you feel better or worse?
2. We’ve all heard that “hurt people, hurt people.” Do you have any hurts that you need to heal so that you don’t hurt others?
3. Why is it so tough to trust that the Lord is near when we don’t feel His presence? What can you do to remind yourself that He never leaves?
4. Have you ever tried to justify your wrong thoughts or actions by saying that you are in a bad situation? How can you fight for God’s standards in every circumstance?
5. How do you define yourself when things are good? How do you define yourself when things are bad? How does God define you all the time?