Take some time to think about and discuss the following questions:
• Read Genesis 3:1-8. What stands out to you about this passage?
• Why do you think you/we tend to run and hide when experiencing pain? Can you identify an area in your life that you may be avoiding pain, guilt or shame? (If you are experiencing emotional and spiritual isolation and do not have anyone to talk to, please reach out to one of our pastors.)
• If you can identify ways in which you need healing, what would your desire be? What are you asking God for and who can join you in this prayer for healing? (If you haven’t already, consider reaching out to a member of your small group, or find a small group, or reach out to a pastor or safe friend to talk to and pray with.)
• Consider the reality of your situation. Do you find yourself placing blame on others? What would it mean for you to own your story and bring it before the Lord? Can you imagine that God would receive you in a compassionate way, the way of love, forgiveness and healing?
• Spend some time in quiet prayer, asking God to examine your heart and bring to light areas that need His healing, compassionate touch. God is always faithful to go on the journey with you!