Questions to Ponder:
1. Rob reminisced about the beauty of the trees at his family farm. When you think of “beauty” what do you think of?
2. Rob lamented how those beautiful trees were attacked and destroyed, becoming an ugly eyesore. Have you ever experienced the loss of something beautiful? An object? A person? A memory? Do you still find yourself longing to get that beauty back?
3. As you look at our world where do you see beauty being lost? On the other hand, where do you see it being created?
4. Many Christians believe that a "disembodied heaven" is God’s plan for the future, but the scriptures suggest that God is going to create a “new earth”. Which of these ideas do you think is more prevalent in the church and why?
5. How would you compare and contrast worldly ideas of beauty with God’s idea of beauty?
6. How should the garden resurrection of Jesus Christ shape our thinking about God’s future plans for a beautiful world?
7. What is our part to play in God’s great beautification project?
Loving God, open our ears to hear your word and draw us closer to you, that the whole world may be one with you as you are one with us in Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.