A. THERE COMES A TIME IN OUR LIVES THAT WE’VE HAD
Key – We’ve heard the words Enough is Enough!
1 Chronicles 4:10 – “Jabez was more honorable than his brethren… He called on God saying, “Oh that thou would bless me indeed and enlarge my coast…”
Key – Jabez boldly prayed for money, power and influence.
Nehemiah 2:3, 4-8, 9 - “Why should my face not look sad when the city where my fathers are buried lies in ruins and it’s gates have been destroyed by fire.”
Key – Joshua and Caleb
• We should go up and take possession of the land for we can certainly do it.
• The other ten said there were giants there and we are like grasshoppers.
1 Samuel 16:34-37
• David’s story facing the giant Goliath
Key - Isaiah 59, 58:3
B. WHENEVER THE CHURCH GETS OFF, IT IS BECAUSE IT GOT
AWAY FROM THE WORD OF THE LORD!
Key – The world has picked this fight!
• Revelation 2 & 3:14, 3:20-21 (Neither hot nor cold…lukewarm)
• 1 Chronicles 2:1-10 Solomon is going to build the house of God, not David
because he was a man of war.
• Proverbs 10:1 At the end Solomon asks how will his children rule.
• 1 Kings 12:6-11, 16-17 Rehoboam became king.
• Judges 17:6, 21:25 Every man did that which was right in his own eyes.
Key Genesis 49:16-18 Tribe of Dan
• The snake is in the path. It bites the heel of the horse. Satan bites the heel of Jesus and God’s servants.
Key Judges 18:1-4 They built a golden calf
Key vs. 18-20, They put a priest over this idolatry
Key vs. 25-31 Don’t let your voice be heard. Don’t offend anyone. This is where the church leadership is today – the body. We have our own hand over our mouth.
Key Exodus 20:2-3, I brought you out. You shall have no other God’s before me!
C. 1 KINGS 18 ELIJAH KILLED 500 PROPHETS. JEZEBEL CHASED
HIM AND HE HIDES IN A CAVE.
Key 1 Kings 19:18 God says he has 7000 who haven’t bowed before Baal.
Key There were 7000 prophets hiding in caves!
Key 1 Kings 22:1-8
• Ahab the king of Israel and Jehoshaphat joined together to fight a common
• Ahab asked if he should go against Ramoth Gilead to battle or should he wait.
• Micaiah told Ahab that he saw a deceiving spirit enter into the false prophets.
Key Remember that Jezebel worked for the government. Her husband Ahab was king.
• She told the prophets, “Listen to me and I’ll feed you and cover all your
“It will be the fault of the pulpits in America, if she falls.”
--Charles Finny, the great revivalist, said in 1800’s
Jeremiah 38:1-13, They put him in a mud pit to shut him up.
Jeremiah 20:9 He said, “if I don’t speak it’s like fire shut up in my bones!”