Take some time to think about and discuss the following questions:
• What have sensed God’s personal invitation for you this season in the way of joyfulness, patience and prayer?
• Who have been your prayer teachers or mentors? Have you had the experience of mentoring someone in the practice of prayer? What was that like for you?
• What does it mean for you to “pray continually?” Do you have any questions or challenges with this phrase?
• Why is listening (and learning to listen) an important piece to a person’s prayer life?
• In the sermon, there were 4 focuses of prayer. What were those? (hint: pray for those you love, loath, lead, who are lost.) Take time to compile a list of who you will pray for this week in each of those areas. Share with your group if you would like.
• If you are alone, spend a few minutes listening to the Lord. You may have something to say, but spend the bulk of your time listening and just being with God. If you are in a group, turn off the TV now and pray. Go around the room and pray for others. Listen to yourself, to others, and to the Holy Spirit during your prayer time.