* John reports in this account of Jesus’ final talk with His disciples,
as Jesus was telling His disciples that He was going to prepare a
place for them that Jesus promised another gift.
* Another “Comforter” “Advocate” “Helper”
I want you to notice this morning, that the words advocate, comforter,
or helper, denote PERSONALITY
Jesus, the original comforter for the disciples is now promising
ANOTHER comforter to proceed from Himself to continue His ministry
to the disciples and the rest of the world!
It is here, in John’s Gospel that we see The Father, Son, and Spirit
* The SON asks the FATHER, The FATHER sends the SPIRIT
The Spirit is Sent by the Father (John 14:16) and the Son (John 20:22)
to do THEIR joint bidding in the hearts and lives of fallen creatures.
So… John clearly records for us a disclosure of the mystery of the
Trinity: 3 PERSONS, 1 GOD
* The Son doing the Will of the FATHER
* The Spirit doing the will of the SON and the FATHER
* Who/What is HE (the Spirit)?
Again, many disagree with the Spirit’s deity and personality. (especially
those who disregard the trinitarian doctrine)