Adapting to Any New Situation
(Lisabeth Saunders Medlock)
1. It’s okay to be emotional.
2. You can give yourself permission to be vulnerable: Some of us like to project an image of being strong and fearless, but sometimes it’s not the truth.
3. You are never alone: Sometimes when we go through major changes we think we are dealing with something no one else can understand or no one else is going through.
4. You have to ask for help: Often people don’t know what to say or what to do.
5. You can adapt to anything.
6. You have to have hope for the future: I’ve been given news that there is no hope for a change in my sight and have been through two surgeries that did not improve it.
7. You will grow as a person, but you are still the same: Going through a change, especially one that is traumatic, changes you forever.